- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 box (3 oz) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup strawberries, mashed sweetened (not drained)
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 box (1 lb) powdered sugar, or 3 1/2 to 4 cups
- 1/2 cup mashed strawberries, drained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all cake ingredients together and pour into a 9” x 11” pan or two smaller pans; batter should not fill pans to the top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Cream butter and sugar together. Add mashed strawberries until frosting is of spreadable consistency. Mix together frosting ingredients. If too thick keep adding strawberries until it is the right consistency.